Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Apartment Fire

I recently had an incident at my apartment complex. A vacant apartment beside mine caught fire on the 17th of this month. Apparently there were some squatters that had access to a key for the empty unit. They were using the electric stove to heat the apartment. Needless to say; due to cheap wiring, it caused a huge kitchen fire. Their kitchen was directly behind my kitchen wall and it burned through my wiring and all the studs in between the wall separating our apartments. Boy has this made me re-examine my life and my priorities! God works in mysterious ways. I'm staying with my wife and daughter down south until my apartment gets fixed. Heck I'll probably just end up moving down here w/my family. I miss my friends up north and my job but I can always start over fresh. On the bright side I am now spending every second w/my precious baby girl!!

No comments: